Flickr Widget

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Great buy for modern bedroom

While searching for new quilts for my grandsons' beds, I ran across an exceptionally good buy at Target...a quilt and sham set featuring a stitch pattern of slightly asymmetrical triangles, which is a great modern look. The quilt is reversible, and the set comes in several good color combinations.

Best of all, the twin set is only $34.99. (It is available in full/queen for $44.99.) The quilt is lightweight, almost identical in thickness to the Nomad quilt purchased from West Elm that I'm using on my bed. While the quality seems the same, the Nomad twin quilt normally retails for $149 (on sale currently for $89), making the Target quilt seem like even more of a bargain.


Queen Triangle Stitch quilt by Pillowfort in Wild Orange

Twin quilt in Vapor Green

Quilts in the room of Grandson #1 and Grandson #2
Note: I was offered no incentive for posting about these items. My daughter paid full price for them at our neighborhood Target.

8 comments:

  1. I love these Dana. I doubt the Target stores in Australia sell them though...I really like the boy's beds and their lamps too. Such tidy bedrooms for little boys (or little/big girls for that matter!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, I got the photo right after a major room-clean. You know a 5-year-old and a 6-year-old will have it back to "normal" (meaning "trainwreck") in no time flat. They picked out their lamps...thought it was so cool that it looks like paint pouring out of a bucket. The beds are Ikea, with two big drawers underneath. Great place to stash toys!

      Delete
  2. Forgot to mention those impressive hospital corners ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad was a Marine. I guess he showed my mom how to make a bed, and that's how she taught me. My parents didn't act like crazy neat-freaks, but they secretly might have been. ;)

      Delete
  3. Why is it that no cool quilts are made in king size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed that they're hard to find, but my daughter finds some cool king size bedding at Crate and Barrel. My favorite is the Raj style.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing Dana - I've been looking for more of a coverlet type of situation for our room as Phoenix hits the summer. I may have to plan a Target trip to check this out! And adorable grandson rooms also BTW. Cheers - CT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would be a good weight for what you need. I like the heavy quilts from Crate and Barrel for the winter, but this is perfect for Texas summers and would be good for Phoenix too. Glad you like the grandsons' room. Ikea beds and Robsjohn-Gibbings night stand. How's that for irony? haha

      Delete