Flickr Widget

Saturday, September 20, 2014

How designers live: Marc Newson

I really enjoy the videos from the web magazine Nowness featuring the homes of top designers. My new favorite is about the London home of Marc Newson and his family. Newson's wife is a fashion designer, and he admitted that their tastes and opinions are not always the same. Nevertheless, they have created an elegant space that works for them and for their young daughter.

Filmmaker Matthew Donaldson has captured not only home's character and beauty, but he also captured the essence of Newson's love for his daughter, which is an added bonus.

Don't be content to look at these screen shots. I think you'll enjoy the entire film.

From nowness.com






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to the film, this should be a real interesting watch for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Matthew Donaldson has a real knack for capturing the personalities of the people whose homes he films. I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did. Newson's interaction with his daughter really touched me.

      Delete