Flickr Widget

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Restaurant Ware Collectors Network

Most of us have run across pieces of restaurant ware at estate sales or online. I'm certainly no expert on the topic, but I get questions about it frequently, and I admit I'd like to learn more.

Lucky for us, there are experts out there, and they have a website that may help you solve some of your restaurant ware mysteries. Restaurant Ware Collectors Network offers a forum, a great IDwiki, a fantastic collection of date codes and backstamps photos, and a list of links by category...including restaurant ware shops and eBay sellers, pattern identification and research, personal collections, transportation and military china, and manufacturers.

Here are a few examples of what you can find on the site. It's worth a look.


Cup of Joe on the Go
The Museum of Vintage Cups

Red Fox Restaurant
Little Spoon's Virtual Museum of Restaurant China

Display of flip-top bowls
The Phillips-DeGrafft Flip-Top Collection

A sample of Jackson China backstamps

A sample of Iroquois China date codes

9 comments:

  1. I find restaurant ware really interesting so thanks for this. That said, I only have one piece- a thick restaurant coffee mug from our neighborhood 70's themed cafe called "Mellow Yellow."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a whole set of Jackson restaurant ware designed by Paul McCobb. I don't know if the pattern was designed for a particular food chain or not, but it shows up on eBay pretty often.

      Delete
  2. How many sets of dishes do you have Dana? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since the move to the "little house," I've managed to get myself down to one big set of Russel Wright Iroquois Casual in ripe apricot and small set of Ben Seibel Harvest Time. I still have that large set of Iroquois Casual stored, and my daughter is using the Paul McCobb set. :)

      Be sure to tune in tomorrow. I have a surprise just for you!!!

      Delete
  3. I have a large collection of mcnichol ware from clarksburg wv.with a moose pictured on most of it.looking to sell all if any interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 2 bowls that are Jackson China from Falls Creek but I can't find anymore information out about the pattern that is on it. There is a horse pattern that looks close to the PA horses on our flag. The bowls also have a black and red ring on them. They are probably more of a serving bowl but I'm not sure

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a huge set of Jackson restaurant ware, from the stamp at the bottom I guess dates 1965- they are white with scalloped gold edgeI’m estimating about 15 dinner plates, cups and saucers, tiny bowls, salad plates. The belonged to my aunt . I just want them to be cared for, if anyone is interested, I’m just asking you pay for shipping I’m located in San Bernardino California. Please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found an Iroquois China cup P.R. 8-1. I don't find that in the number listing. Does anyone have any info that would help date the cup?
    Thank you,
    Miki

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have 2mini tea cups and saucers according to your chart they were made in Sept and Oct of 1956 do people collect these

    ReplyDelete