Flickr Widget

Monday, June 17, 2013

How designers live

While researching an upcoming post, I happened upon some extraordinary images of interiors of homes of well-known designers. The photographer, Leslie Williamson, has a spellbinding website that I urge you to visit. Her portfolio includes portraits of craftsmen and artists, as well as interior shots of beautiful spaces. What you see in this post are only a few of my favorites. I'm sure you will have favorites of your own.

All images from lesliewilliamson.com


Russel Wright's dining area - Garrison, NY

Vladimir Kagan's living room - New York City, NY

George Nakashima's Reception House - New Hope, PA

Irving Harper's bedroom - Rye, NY

Eva Zeisel's studio shelves - Rockland Co., NY
,
Charles and Ray Eames's studio - Pacific Palisades, CA

Walter Gropius's living room - Lincoln, MA

John Kapel's living room - Woodside, CA

Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. Hi Dana,

    what a nice idea. I love to have a look in designers flats. It shows their design in another perspective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does show that they enjoyed their own designs and found them functional as well as beautiful, because they wanted to live with them. It's also interesting to see what other designers they admired by the pieces in their homes created by someone else.

      Delete
  2. wow, love this sort of insight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved seeing all the little bits and pieces that Eva Zeisel considered worth saving.

      Delete
  3. Nice find. I loved that shot into Russel Wright's dining area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just popped over to her site and then her blog. http://lesliewilliamsonphoto.blogspot.com/ OMG, who is this lady? Her photos are really amazing. Thanks again Dana.

      Delete
    2. Isn't it cool to see how they decorated their own homes?

      Delete
    3. I'm so glad you liked her work as much as I do. I'm going to have to find out a lot more about her!

      Delete
  4. Great photos Dana! The wood in the first several shots is so warming in those beautiful rooms. I drew in breath when I saw that first pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reacted the same way when I saw the Wright dining room, as well as the Nakashima bed.

      Delete