Flickr Widget

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

In the pop-up shop: Platner potential

The latest acquisition to cause a stir on our Facebook page are this bronze lounge chair and ottoman designed by Warren Platner for Knoll. They are a bit faded and need to be reupholstered, but when that is done, they will truly be showstoppers.


Bronze lounge chair and ottoman by Warren Platner for Knoll


What's really exciting is imagining what these pieces are going to look like if they're redone in this Knoll boucle fabric in Pearl. I think the nubby almost-white fabric is going to look sensational against that dark bronze wire. Of course, if I were restoring it for myself, I'd be tempted by the chartreuse. What color would you choose?





Google Reader shuts down on July 1, 2013.
Follow on Bloglovin


12 comments:

  1. I think the fabric choice is perfect. Light against dark. I have been pretty enchanted with this wire furniture by Knoll. My girlfriend has the coffee table and I covet it. Is that so wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, of course not. You're only human. I've coveted every piece my SIL has had in the store, and I've added envy to the mix when they've sold. :)

      Delete
  2. lovely!...yep id be on the chartreuse train too or an olive green. it looks really comfy too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, for purposes of selling it, a neutral would be best...but I can just picture that set with a fabric that really zings against the dark base.

      Delete
  3. My dad had these in turquoise/blue back in the 70's. I wish I had them now. I had little kids in the 80's and didn't want them- along with the fact that I had no appreciation for them in my 20's. It was just my dad's old office furniture. Big mistake. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we knew then what we know now, just think what our houses would look like!

      Delete
  4. I am sure that the Pearl will be beautiful, but oh how they would pop in the chartreuse! Love the bronze base.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that chartreuse be a dramatic contrast to the bronze!!

      Delete
  5. One very sexy chair. LOVE.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a knockout the lounge chair and ottoman will be. The pearl will be great, myself it would be the chartreuse.

    Dana, just wanted to say thank you. Because of your recent post, I made the leap to sign up for Bloglovin'. No longer am I the Queen of Denial, LOL! All the blogs I followed in Google Reader transferred over to Bloglovin' effortlessly. :) Thanks, Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy, it looks like the chartreuse team is carrying the day. I'm so glad you got signed up and found it easy to transfer everything over.

      Delete