Flickr Widget

Monday, October 24, 2011

In the store, Part 2: Some wow for your wall

Some great wall decor made its way into the store over the weekend. My SIL was able to buy a signed and numbered Paul Maxwell pochoir acrylic relief and two signed C. Jere' metal wall sculptures.  All these pieces are fairly large and will provide a great focal point in any mid-century or modern room.

To be honest, when I heard about the park scene, I wasn't too excited, because the C. Jere' "scenes" are usually a little too cute for my taste. However, when I saw this one, I instantly fell in love with it. The tree is beautiful, with its branches extending forward over the people and umbrellas, creating a very dimensional piece that is so visually pleasing I'd be thrilled to have it in my house.

I predict that the large clipper ship will be sold quickly. The freestanding C. Jere' ship we had recently was gone in just a matter of days, and this one is no less impressive.

When we got the Maxwell piece, we couldn't read the signature, so we didn't know what we had, but our instincts told us it was something good. Luckily, a customer came in the store before we even had it hung on the wall and mentioned in passing that he works as an art restorer. We asked him if he knew the name of the artist, and he immediately identified the piece for us. Serendipitous, for sure!

Paul Maxwell pochoir relief
C. Jere' ship
C. Jere' park scene

2 comments:

  1. Haven't seen the "Park Scene" piece before. I'm still looking for my C. Jeré "Birds in Flight." They just had one at auction near me, but I, unfortunately, couldn't make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Birds in Flight" is a great piece. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you find a bargain on one soon.

    ReplyDelete