Flickr Widget

Friday, April 22, 2011

The one that got away

Sometimes you're at the right place at the right time and get a great deal on a super piece. The other day we saw a wild Danish Modern sofa on Craigslist and emailed an offer to the owner. We could picture it in a room vignette with the orange fireplace we have in the store, and we were pretty excited about getting it.

Our offer was accepted, but somehow we had communication difficulties arranging the actual pick-up, and by the time we finally connected with the owner, she had sold the sofa to someone else. Our loss was definitely someone else's gain in this case.

My daughter and SIL went on a buying trip out of state earlier this week, an estate sale yesterday produced some good pieces and we have a line on some more great items locally, so I'm sure our disappointment will be short-lived. It's a win some/lose some business, and you can't waste time worrying about the one that got away.

This would have been such a fun sofa to have in the store!

6 comments:

  1. What great colors on that sofa. I love it! I think when this type of thing happens it means something better will come along and as my Mom used to say "there's no need to cry over spilled milk". You all truly have awesome items in the store and I keep checking the website to see it stated "now shipping" :) I would be more than happy to be your "test" customer for shipping :) I've had my eyes on several smalls that I would go ga-ga over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that sofa is so unique! That upholstery in fantastic!! Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I'm really loving that sofa! I wish I had that in my living room next to my Milo Baughman Recliner! The colors on that thing are amazing! I'm sorry you missed out on such a wonderful sofa! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not my style but then I don't have a style, so that's not saying much - somebody got a prize they'll treasure but sorry you missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @DearHelenHartman: It's not an upholstery fabric that would fit in my home either, but since we opened the store, I'm having to learn to embrace a wider range of styles and keep reminding myself that there are people out there who don't confine color and pattern to accent pieces, as I tend to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. its beautiful...we had to let go of similar teak settees and still feel bad about it :(

    ReplyDelete