Flickr Widget

Thursday, April 7, 2011

A little whimsy is a good thing

I usually prefer serious pieces, but some kitschy pieces are just too much fun to ignore. Last weekend we got several things in that category from a very cool guy who's the former owner of an upscale hair salon in Dallas. He's moving to Los Angeles to be Kim Kardashian's hairdresser. (We also got everything in yesterday's post from him, as well as several very serious pieces, which I'll post about soon.) He's selling a fantastic mid-century home in Dallas, which won the Preservation Achievement Award in 2006...and which I'd love to buy. Here are a few pictures of it:






I'm sure these playful pieces we got from him will find just the right home in some hipster loft.

Large metal hemisphere plaques
Souvenir Statue of Liberty plate
Souvenir Seattle World's Fair plate
Asian-themed vase
Fiorucci fashion tin
Fiorucci angels with sunglasses tin

8 comments:

  1. Your fireplace is AWESOME!! Is it functional?? I saw one on Craigslist last fall for $75, but it was rusted through the bottom...still kind of kicking myself for not buying it just to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic place! Is it listed yet? Fun things for your shop too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Stephanie: Yes, the fireplace is fully functional...and $75 was an unbelievable price for the one you saw, even rusted out. They normally go for LOTS of money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Midcenturymadam: Yes, it's listed... MLS #11506599. I think the price is more than fair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee!!

    As I drove through some local neighborhoods around here today, I couldn't help but notice how many 50's homes are here. Many look very similar to this one, with the windows that go to the peak of the house. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ACK! Gorgeous. The windows and coloured panels look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color panels on the exterior. Loved the 'tour' of the house.

    ReplyDelete