Flickr Widget

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Playing the "What's In the Store" game yet?

Want to be known as the official All Seeing, All Knowing Eye of 2011? All you have to do is list, in order, the designer or manufacturer of 10 mid-century pieces that I show over the next few days. I showed the first three on Thursday, and I'm about to give you a glimpse at three more. Sounds easy, right?

The only catch is that I'm giving you a really close-up look at a portion of the object. We started with some very easy ones the other day. Now we're going to up the ante just a tad.

Oh, did I mention that there's no prize for winning this contest? But you will get to wear the official imaginary All Seeing, All Knowing Eye hat till I ask for it back:

This maybe?
Don't like it? You can wear whatever you want. It's imaginary, you know.

Anyway, here are today's pictures. Remember not to give away your answers till all 10 have been posted.

#4
#5
#6
All these items will be available in the store. Is it any wonder that we're excited about opening? This is going to be so much fun!

12 comments:

  1. I've seen many examples of #4 on eBay, but the rest, I'm not sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. # 4 looks very interesting...but I have no idea what it could be????

    ReplyDelete
  3. @1950sarh and Ashly: How did you do on the first three? Were they easier?

    ReplyDelete
  4. #4 is a dansk candle stand if i m not wrong

    ReplyDelete
  5. #5 is a Paul McCobb designed Platter for Jackson China

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am cheerfully in the dark but enjoyed the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @TheEnglishOrganizer: Some of our players are giving very accurate, umm, hints. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see that Jonathan and Sudha really want someone else to get stuck with the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry Dana. I just read back and realize now that we were not supposed to give the answers away until all ten had been posted. My bad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Jonathan: Aw, I hate rules anyway...and since this isn't a real contest, there's no harm done. Even the people who don't get the answers right can have imaginary hats if they're so inclined. Even more to the point, after 30 years of teaching, I can guarantee you there will be people who still don't know the answer to #5. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the pictures and I am so excited for your store opening!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @monogirl: I hope some of you are having fun trying to figure out the pictures. I want to give everyone an idea what's going to be in the store without making the blog seem commercial...which I never want it to become.

    ReplyDelete