Flickr Widget

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hooray for eBay

How did we make it before eBay and Craigslist?  Aside from the obvious instant gratification it gives me, a self-avowed shopaholic, nothing makes my mid-century philosophy of "out with the new, in with the old" easier to put into action than having access to sellers and buyers from around the globe.

I miss many things about the days pre-Bay, but the limitations of using the classified ads section of the local newspaper aren't on the list.  Just this week I sold a Frank Lloyd Wright clock on Craigslist to a man from Dallas, which more than paid for my latest eBay purchases, a Raymor bowl from Hawaii and a great mid-century lamp from Oregon.

Here they are now, nestled all snug in their new home, just in time for the holidays:


The  $13 Raymor dish, alongside the Fenton piece I love so much

My "new" $29 lamp from eBay

Close-up of the lamp

1 comment:

  1. The dish is delicious and the Fenton is fabulous!
    And I have such a weakness for lamps. Love it!
    A very successful shopping day for you!

    ReplyDelete